Introducing The Bloom Generation’s first muse – DJ Rhyme… Hailing from Sydney, this girl spends her days DJ-ing at the hottest clubs and parties at home and abroad, writing songs, laying down poetry and playing the sax. We took five with her to talk fave music, spirit animals and what’s on her bucket list.
1. What do you love most about DJ-ing?
The emotional journey music creates is so present when I’m DJ-ing and being apart of the synergy in the room to uplift, change, go crazy, get down, rock hard, whatever… it’s exhilarating!
2. It seems like you have some strong roots in the music scene… Tell us a bit about your background.
I am a classically trained Saxophonist and have been playing for 12 years. Dad was a rocker, so rock’n’roll and metal was a big part of life growing up (and still is!). I’ve always been into singing but recently, I’ve been honing in and developing my vocals with my production and song writing background.
2. What’s the last song you played?
YEN, EURO, DOLLAR – BES Feat. VIKN (Jap Rap…. YES)
3. What music/genres are you really vibing right now?
World music (new and old), particularly French, Italian and Japanese.
Future Trap and Bass gets weird… check out Dimond Saints & Troy Boi.
Hip Hop, ALWAYS!
4. Festival or night out?
A night out after the festival
5. Wearing on repeat right now?
Besides my LH mermaid outfit… I’m in gypsy headbands and headscarves everywhere.
6. What’s your spirit animal?
7. What exciting projects are on the horizon for you?
MUSIC WRITING… Travelling to perform… Performing to Travel.
8. Top three things on your bucket list?
- See a mermaid in Sicily
- Bike, Jeep and Camel through the Saharan Desert to the pyramids
- Create powerful and meaningful music, art and film ~ journey to world peace.
9. Favourite place to travel?
10. 3 words that sum you up?
Looking / With / Meaning
If you want to get down with this magical mermaid, check out her latest music and mixes here.
The Bloom Generation Part 1 featuring Rhyme is now available online at Liberated Heart.
See the full campaign, shot by Clint Robert at Venice Beach, California here.
The post Spotlight on Bloom Girl: DJ Rhyme appeared first on Liberated Heart.